Tuesday, May 22, 2012

She's here!!

Sorry for the long delay in this post! Emmie Leigh Roper was born on April 14, 2012 at 7:46am weighing in at a whopping 6lbs10oz and 20 inches long.
I feel kinda bad saying this because I know it's not this way for many moms, but labor and delivery was actually not that bad! Real labor pains started about 3pm on april 13 and we were admitted to the hospital around 7pm that night. I enjoyed the benefits of an epidural around midnight and pushing started at 7:15am. It was a very smooth journey for the most part... a wonderful testimony for how powerful prayer can be! We did have one scary moment when the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck as she came out but thankfully all was ok!
We've been adjusting to our new roles as mom and dad at home... After 9 months of pregnancy, this is definitely the hardest part! I'm convinced Emmie has some of that good old colic that everyone talks about... My mom says it's payback for when I was a baby! The past week has been better as far as the non stop crying goes... more periods of being awake without crying. It's been nice! Emmie is also starting to smile and give some feedback to all our craziness... it's hilarious what we find ourselves saying in an insanely high pitched voice :) She also has some obsessions with the weirdest things... the ceiling fan and the pictures above her changing table for example. I placed her on the changing table yesterday and she was just thrilled at the picture of the pink mailbox.... wide mouth smile, high pitched coo and all!! It was hilarious!
Next time I get a spare minute... which is few and far between... I'll post another update ;)
Until then, enjoy the pics!





No comments:

Post a Comment