I went to the chiropractor today to see if he could do anything for my back pain... which is now back pain and front rib pain. He looked at my spine and rotated my back for a bit until he quickly said, "No wonder you're in pain. You've got a rib out of place!" I couldn't believe my ears. No wonder it hurt so bad. Here's his medical explanation: when you're pregnant you produce a hormone called Relaxin. It's supposed to relax and loosen joints in preparation for labor. Unfortunately it doesn't discriminate on which joints it loosens. In doing daily activities or repetitive motion I unknowingly dislocated a rib from my spine which then pressed against a nerve which is right above/below the insertion on the spine. The nerves run in between your ribs and go all the way to the front of your rib cage (your sternum). This is why I am having both back and front pain!!! WOW!! So basically he said he could do some adjustments to my spine and get it back in place. He did some crazy thing to my back at today's appointment where it literally cracked like 30 times!! I've got another appointment tomorrow for the second adjustment.
Also to update on the bladder infection, i called the nurse at the clinic and voiced my fears about taking that antibiotic. She pulled my chart and said that the while blood count was not that greatly elevated and that the doctor probably gave me that script as a "precaution." She said I would be ok to try cranberry juice and lots of water for this week and they would re-check me this friday at my glucose appointment. Yay!!
Love your blog..Praying that all goes well but I just know it will...love ya..Mom and Dad
ReplyDelete