Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 26!

It's hard to believe that it's already week 26! I've got a glucose test at 28 weeks which is just around the corner... and that also means that the 3rd trimester is just around the corner too! With each passing week I get more and more excited to meet our little girl! I want to try to schedule a 3D ultrasound around 30 weeks.  Current stats include: She weighs about 1.5-2.5 lbs at this point and some websites compare her size to an eggplant! They also say that by 26 weeks she has eyelashes, her eyes are developing, her hearing is getting better and she is practicing taking breaths of amniotic fluid! All getting her ready to enter the world!

Symptoms at this point include: a slight increase in fatigue, hearty appetite, trouble finding clothes that look right on and the worst- backaches! I've always had back problems and everyone says I need to strengthen my back, yea, yea... but this is a weird kind of back pain. It's in a very specific spot- midway down the left side of my back. As the day goes on and the pain gets worse, it also starts to hurt in that exact location on the front of my body. Kinda weird, huh? Normally, I could sit down or massage the pain away, but this pain finds no relief when I sit down... it almost gets worse! I've read in my pregnancy books that back pain is inevitable and that to help I should start doing prenatal yoga so hopefully this afternoon I can run to Target and pick up a prenatal yoga DVD. I almost am desperate to try anything at this point! After I try out the yoga, I'll let you know how it worked ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment