Monday, September 17, 2012

Sweet potatoes!

Well tonight we tried real solid food for the first time! If you don't count rice cereal. I battled over when to start it with her because our pediatrician's office recommends waiting until 6 months but I've found the common rule of thumb is between 4-6 months or whenever you baby shows signs that he/she is ready. I took a good look at all of Emmie's signs and I'm pretty certain she was ready! Sitting supported, good neck and head control, disappearing tongue thrust, interest in what I was eating, etc.

Sweet potatoes seemed like a pretty "safe" first food from everything I have read. So we popped open our Gerber organic sweet potatoes and away we went! At first she just stared at us like "what did you just put in my mouth?!?!" for the most part I think she enjoyed it! There were some shivers and crazy faces and potatoes all over her face and overall it was really fun! Now we play the waiting game for 3-4 days before introducing any other new foods to be sure she doesn't have an allergic reaction.

Also no pics from dawn yet. I'll be sure to post some as soon as I get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment