Wednesday, September 12, 2012

5 months

My how things have changed in 5 months!! It's hard to even imagine our lives before Emmie. So many new changes, not even in ourselves but also in everyday things... like our house! I never knew that baby toys/clothes/bibs/spit up rags have a magical power to multiply and appear in unassuming places in our house! And the baby gear... let's just say there's hardly any free space on our carpet these days!
Sweet Emmie has come a long way in 5 months as well! Not too long ago were the days of endless crying and desperate attempts to soothe her into sleep for naps during the day. Now it is SO much better. As I am writing this Emmie is doing a SUPER job at putting herself to sleep for her morning nap! Never in a million years would I ever have thought that was a possible task for her. I feel like I can finally get things done! YAY!
She'll be 5 months on Friday and some of her milestones include: sitting supported with periods of independent sitting, moving objects from one hand to the other, playing on her tummy (she usually hates tummy time and it's a challenge just to lay there), sleeping through the WHOLE night... 10+ hours!!!, naps lasting about 1.5-2 hours during the day.
We hit the sales this past weekend to venture into the world of baby food. Our ped said she really didn't need anything but breast milk but if we wanted to try some rice cereal or veggies/fruits we could... more for the fun factor than anything. Rice cereal is a hit! only when mixed with my milk though... not a fan of the formula mixed in it. I haven't tried the veggies yet... I'm thinking maybe this weekend we will start with an orange veggie like sweet potato or carrots. Ultimately I want to make my own baby food but I have yet to buy the Baby Bullet and do my research on how to make it at home.
Oh yea, nursery.... not a fan. We've still got work to do with the whole "stranger" thing. ;)

 
my oh my. can we say ROLLS?!


No comments:

Post a Comment